Ooh, another nomination, yay! Thanks Abigail for the nomination!
I had no idea what this award was for – the last one I was nominated for was pretty self explanatory – but thanks to Wilbs for doing some digging and finding out! I’m sure she won’t mind me pinching a quote from her own Liebster Award blog to explain what this is:
“It’s an award for bloggers with less than 1000 followers to nominate other new, up-and-coming bloggers to spread awareness and appreciation for all the amazing (not-yet-famous) blogs out there.”
So, the rules are:
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you
- Include the LIEBSTER AWARD sticker in the post
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you and make 10 questions of your own for your nominees.
- Finally, copy these rules in the post.
Seems easy enough! Here’s Abigail’s questions:
- What is your favourite beauty product?
- If you could only use one beauty product, what would it be?
- What is your favourite skincare product?
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- What do you consider a staple wardrobe item?
- What is your favourite animal?
- Do you have a strict skincare routine?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- Which drugstore makeup brand would you recommend?
- What is your least favourite beauty product?
And my answers:
- Benefit’s POREfessional. I raved about it over in my make-up bag post! I can’t apply make-up without that as a base.
- Mascara. I look ill without it. I’ve been known to go and buy some on one day when I went to work and then realised I hadn’t applied it…
- Body Shop’s Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I have about as much luck with moisturiser as Leonardo DiCaprio has with Oscars; it’s taken me years and lots of effort to find a good one!
- I know it’s generic, but at the moment it’s Tanya Burr. Don’t judge me!
- I can’t think of one item that I could call a “staple” in my wardrobe, so I thought “what’s the one thing I couldn’t be without?” and I came up with black opaque tights. These stay in my wardrobe/drawers all year round, and I can wear them with anything. I honestly couldn’t tell you how many pairs of these I own! So, yeah. My black tights!
- My favourite animal? Why would you even ask me that? That’s such a hard question! Hmm. I love pet animals like cats and dogs. Other than that, I loooove elephants!
- A strict skin care routine… Nah. I’m very lazy. I use Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water to take off my make up, then I have lots of the Body Shop Vitamin E range; the cleanser, toner, exfoliating face wash (which I recently found out they’ve stopped – I am not alright about that!) and the night cream. I also have some of the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range; their Foaming Face Wash, the Spot Wand and the Peel Off Face Mask. That sounds like a lot, but strict with it, I am not.
- My all-time favourite hobby is cross-stitch, but I haven’t got a project at the moment. I’m really enjoying writing for my blog.
- I’m not sure I’d ever go out of my way to recommend a drugstore make-up brand. I use a lot of Rimmel, so I guess that’s my answer?
- I’ll try not to rant too much about this… But, I think my least favourite make-up product is foundation. I need it, because my skin is all over the place and needs covering up 99% of the time, but I can never find a foundation with a good colour AND good coverage. Other than foundation, I’m not a fan of nail varnish. Mine always smudges, or chips, or just looks messy – no matter how hard I try, or how much time I spend on it, or even if I pay someone else to do it for me!
My nominees are:
If any of you fancy doing this, answer Abigail’s questions too. I had fun answering them, and I’m too lazy to think of new ones right now. Enjoy! 🙂